Our Peer-Based Fundraising Products
Leverage the fundraising power of community. Start a movement in a snap by empowering your supporters to appeal for and collect donations on your behalf through their own personalized campaign pages.
Our members like what they see
Don’t take our word for it. Here’s what they have to say.
We appreciate you running such an accessible and user-friendly platform that actually comes from a place of nonprofit values (instead of over-charging us as you easily could!).
Out in the Open
I love that our supporters can set up their own fundraising page without us having to make any effort at all. It’s so easy for supporters to use, no matter your level of technical ability, my grandmother started fundraising on Give Lively!
We use Give Lively for Peer-to-Peer fundraising because our fundraisers always tell us it’s so easy to use and easy to set up.
Food for Thought
We have some answers that will help you
We believe that nonprofits, no matter their size, should not sacrifice their means to satisfy their missions.
So we build and support powerful and practical fundraising solutions that are free for nonprofits and intuitive for donors.
Through nonprofits’ use of our secure technology, we make it easier for them to devote more resources to their critical work — not to fundraising software — and hit ever-higher fundraising goals.
We don't charge for the unlimited use of our powerful and practical technology – no annual fees, no setup fees, no other fees or hidden fees.
However, we use independent services to securely manage the financial transaction process, from donation to disbursement.
These services – Stripe, PayPal and Lob – do charge small fees, although the fees can sometimes be covered by the donor. There is also a discounted base rate for qualified nonprofits that register with Stripe and PayPal. Fees are always subject to change at any time by the independent services. Always verify directly with the services themselves for the latest updates.
The payment processors (Stripe and PayPal) differ in speed of disbursement as well. We believe all money donated to nonprofits should get to those nonprofits as quickly as possible. The speed of disbursement is in part a function of the form of payment and whether the nonprofit is a Give Lively member.
We also accept voluntary contributions (not tax-deductible) to Give Lively from donors, though these are not fees, are entirely voluntary and have no effect on the final donation amount the nonprofit receives. Learn more about voluntary contributions to Give Lively.
For detailed information on fees and disbursements, see our fees and disbursements page.
Membership is for U.S. based 501c3 public charities (not private foundations) who have applied and align with Give Lively’s values statement.
Membership is a nonprofit’s ticket to full access to our powerful, practical and free platform and all the fundraising tools within the platform, including Digital, Event and Peer-Based Fundraising Solutions.
The Give Lively membership application process can be completed in a few minutes, provided you have a few essential details at hand. Membership approval takes 7-10 business days as we manually review all applications to ensure alignment with our values statement.
- the EIN of your U.S. public charity (not private foundation) with 501(c)(3) status so that it can be located in the IRS databases we reference
- the name and email address of the person who will oversee the Give Lively account -- Note that, for faster approval, the email address should be associated with the nonprofit’s website. Otherwise, be prepared to verify the account holder's association with the nonprofit. The email address can be the login for a Give Lively User Portal donor account; when starting the membership application for your nonprofit, follow the prompts to sign in to the existing user account you wish to associate with the nonprofit.
- knowledge of your nonprofit’s basic fundraising objectives
- a Stripe account for your nonprofit
Although there are many pathways to success, here are five ways to maximize the effectiveness of your peer-based fundraising efforts:
1. Pick the peer-based campaign type that best matches your fundraising strategy, such as time-based campaigns, rolling campaigns or a giving day.
2. Enable Give Lively’s Peer-to-Peer Fundraising and/or Team Fundraising products and set goals in just a few clicks.
3. Actively recruit fundraisers.
4. Set up your fundraisers for success with education and resources.
5. Stay in touch to support their efforts.
Any individual fundraiser can easily set up a personal fundraising page with a unique link that can be shared with family, friends and colleagues. This page includes information about the nonprofit and campaign the individual is supporting, as well as details about the team effort, if the individual is part of a collective fundraising push.
See our Resource Hub (for members, but open to all) for more information about creating successful peer-based fundraising campaigns.