What our members love
Great for your fundraising needs
A fusion of form and function
- No limit on the number of widgets
- Two types of tailorable widgets with customizable brand assets that don't take over your site
- Donor-first design that looks great on any device and is optimized to reduce friction and speed completions
- Simple to embed on custom-built, Wix, Squarespace and Wordpress websites
- Multiple payment options, including digital wallets like Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
- Real-time donation tracking
- Ability to set default donation amounts including one open field
- Enhanced donation impact storytelling with space for images
- Seamless ways for supporters to create individual and team peer-based fundraising pages
Donation Widgets in action
The Peace Studio
The Peace Studio utilizes our Branded Donation Widget to receive donations directly from their website.
The Tenement Museum in NYC showcases the Simple Donation Widget, making donations possible right on its website.
Members gain full and free access to all of our digital fundraising products.
We have some answers that will help you
Donors can fund their donations through Give Lively using any of the following:
- all major credit cards or debit cards (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, Diners Club and JCB)
- ACH/bank transfers
- digital wallets like Apple Pay and Google Pay
Some additional notes:
Credit and debit cards
To process major credit cards and debit cards, including those stored in Apple Pay and Google Pay, we rely on Stripe, an industry-leading payment processor trusted by thousands of companies and nonprofits. All Give Lively members must have a fully authorized and connected Stripe account to use our technology. Learn more about Stripe and why you need it to use Give Lively.
To handle ACH transactions, we use different services, depending on which generation payment form is in use. Our first-generation forms use Plaid and the second-generation forms rely on Stripe Financial Connections. Both are trusted services that partner with thousands of US-based banks and guide you through a similar ACH/bank-payment process.
To allow for the use of digital wallets, most Give Lively fundraising pages automatically detect if a donor's device/browser has Apple Pay or Google Pay enabled as a payment method. If detected, the relevant payment option appears. Learn more about digital wallets.
Give Lively nonprofit members can add PayPal, but only as an optional additional donation-processing method. At the present time, it can't be the sole payment processor, since it is only available for one-time donations. Thus, PayPal will only process donations when a donor’s selected payment method is PayPal. All other payment methods (credit/debit, ACH etc.) will be processed via Stripe. Learn more about our PayPal integration in our Resource Hub (for members, but open to all).
You do not need technical savvy or deep experience with software services to use Give Lively products.
Our user-friendly platform is designed to get you up and running quickly. If you can use email for your nonprofit’s communication, then you have the skills to start fundraising through Give Lively.
- To build a Campaign Page or Event Ticketing page, all you do is click buttons, tick boxes, add custom texts, upload images and paste in video links using simple tools now common to all easy-to-use computers. Once this is set, it only takes one click to enable Peer-to-Peer Fundraising or Team Fundraising.
- To embed a Donation Widget on your nonprofit’s website, you do not need to know how to code. We generate an “embed code” that you copy and paste anywhere you want your widget to appear. We provide step-by-step instructions for this, although you can also check with your webmaster or website builder for details about how embeddable code works on your website.
- Text-to-Donate is as simple as claiming a custom text code, one-click linking it to a campaign and then sharing it alongside the number 44321 with potential donors through your choice of communication channels.
- The technical requirements of Live Display are only as complicated as the hardware your nonprofit has available. Many nonprofits use the same equipment (like a projector and screen) for board presentations and volunteer training.
In keeping with our commitment to data privacy and security, Give Lively takes full measures to protect all collected data, both where it is stored and when it is transferred between authorized parties.
More specifically, Give Lively and its member nonprofits can never view a donor’s full payment details as they are handled exclusively by a secure third-party payment processor -- they are captured and stored securely by them without passing through our servers -- although some credit/debit card metadata and general payment information is accessible by Give Lively. Upon request, we can work with the payment processor to delete all data.
Give Lively does capture and securely store some non-payment data about donors, for instance a donor’s first and last names, email address and donation date, among other data points. See our Resource Hub (for members, but open to all) for a complete list of what donor data Give Lively collects.