Step by step
Three important considerations
1. Apply ahead of time
Give Lively takes 7 to 10 business days to manually review all applications and ensure compliance with our Value Statements (see below). This begins the moment you connect a Stripe account to Give Lively in step 4 of the application process.
To prepare for every part of our streamlined application, including the highlighted considerations below, please carefully review this step-by-step overview of the process.
Remember: Membership is only open to U.S. nonprofits that are public charities (not private foundations) with 501(c)(3) status and good standing with both the IRS and the California Attorney General's Registry of Charitable Trusts.
3. Find out if your organization has a Stripe account and, if so, whether you can access it.
If it does not have a Stripe account, you will create one as part of this application process. If someone else manages the existing Stripe account, confirm that this person is aware of the Give Lively application process and able to respond to an important email about it.
- Fill out application for Give Lively membership.
- Connect a Stripe account to Give Lively.
- Allow time for Give Lively to review your application.
7-10 business days
IN THE MEANTIME:
- Learn about full Stripe setup:
ACH activation & nonprofit discount.
- Explore the Resource Hub:
Get inspired in your one-stop shop about Give Lively.
- If approved, receive welcome notice by email.
- Finalize Stripe setup:
ACH activation & nonprofit discount.
- Complete profile and start fundraising!
- Attend live welcome webinar:
Optional presentation and Q&A.
Our required payment processor
We use Stripe to securely manage financial transactions between you, your donors and your bank.
Without a Stripe account, you will not be able to receive donations, so we don’t review applications until a Stripe account has been identified and connected to us.
As the final step of the application, you will be prompted either to create a Stripe account or to log in to an existing one, and then connect it to Give Lively.
Make sure you’re ready for this step by preparing the information you need to create a Stripe account or by having access to your organization’s existing account credentials.
If you are not the person in your organization with the authority to create a Stripe account or log in to the existing one, please identify who it is.
We automatically send you an email containing the step where you connect a Stripe account to Give Lively. This email can be shared with the relevant person.
Vital shared alignment
We personally review every application to ensure each nonprofit member aligns with our values.
You will not use our platform or products to:
• discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation or military status in any activities, programs or operations;
• advocate against or deny the rights of women;
• advocate against or deny the rights or existence of anyone on the basis of their sex, gender, gender expression or sexual orientation, including transgender and gender nonconforming people;
• advocate against or deny the rights of historically underrepresented groups, including Black, brown, AAPI and Indigenous people;
• advocate against or deny environmental or social sustainability practices, especially with regard to renewable energy; land, water and air rights and use; and the growing climate emergency;
• advocate for the sale, ownership and/or civilian use of assault weapons, weapons of war, high capacity magazines, automatic weapons or any mechanism that can convert a firearm into an automatic weapon;
• disseminate hate speech or dangerous speech, promote or incite violence online or offline.