How do I build an individual Peer-to-Peer Fundraising page?
Passionate supporters like you can actively advocate for your favorite causes, making a real difference in your communities and creating a far wider ripple effect.
When someone donates through your individual Peer-to-Peer Fundraising page, the funds are added to the goal of the Campaign Page to which your page is linked, which then benefits the nonprofit that is driving the campaign.
Register an account
To start a new Peer-to-Peer Fundraising page:
- Click the "I Want To Fundraise For This" button on the Campaign Page you wish to support.
- Select the “Create My Own Page” button under “Fundraising on your own?” (If you are considering building fundraising pages on behalf of others, read the very important note 1 below.)
Important Note 1: At present, you are only able to create one Give Lively user account per email address: one email address cannot be assigned to more than one account and vice versa. Through your one email/account, you are also limited to one personal Peer-to-Peer Fundraising page per nonprofit campaign (although you can still support multiple campaigns of one nonprofit, as well as the campaigns of other nonprofits, through that one fundraising page). If you wish to help prospective fundraisers set up their individual fundraising pages, please read this very important information.
- After reading the “How This Works” information, fill out the required details in the “Create Account” box. Be sure to use an email address that you have direct access to. For security reasons, you will need to confirm that email address by acting on an email sent to it. If you run into an error message, see note 2 below.
Important Note 2: You cannot immediately proceed with account creation if you see an error message advising that “You may have used Give Lively before, whether through donating, creating another fundraising page or working as a nonprofit administrator.” At the time of your previous interaction, an account was set aside for you tied to your email address. To proceed with that account, you can (1) log in with it (if you know your account information) or (2) reset your password. Alternatively, you may also create a new account using a different email address.
Customize your page
After signing in, “Personalize This Page” is where you can tailor the page to suit your needs, including showing why your chosen cause means so much to you and why others should support it. You can return to this page at any time by clicking “Edit Page” at the top right corner of your fundraising page.
- Use “Name on Page” to edit how your name appears on the page.
- Under “Add A Note”, write a passionate personal note so your network understands the importance of contributing.
- Add a fundraising goal for your campaign (in dollars) to the “Your Fundraising Goal” field. The ‘Your Fundraising Goal’ field may be pre-populated if the nonprofit has set a “suggested goal”. This will be the default if you don't change it.
- Upload a clear profile picture of your face. Remember that your photo is an important part of your profile. Your family and friends will feel more comfortable donating to your cause when they see and recognize you on the fundraising page.
- Consider uploading a Hero Image. Choose between using the default image, uploading your own image or uploading your own video.
(a) Default Image - No further action is required. The default image is inherited from the Campaign Page you are fundraising for.
(b) Image - Select “Upload new image” and then navigate to the JPG, JPEG or PNG image you want from files on your computer. A large, high-quality image is best, with recommended dimensions of 2000x1200 pixels (5:3 aspect ratio). Use the image cropper to frame your image: slide the gray ball along the scale to zoom in or out; click and drag on the image to center it as desired. Then click the “Save” button.
(c) Video - Select “Edit” and then paste in the direct link to a public video (on YouTube and Vimeo only) that you wish to embed on your page. Paste the full URL (with “http://" or “https://“), not an “embed code.” Then click the “OK” button.
(d) No Media - Click the "No Media" button to have no Hero Image.
- Click the “Save” button.
- Lastly, bookmark your fundraising page in your browser so you can easily return to it later. Alternatively, you can visit the Campaign Page you’re supporting and click the “Go To My Fundraiser” button at the bottom right.
Reach out to your network
The first rule of fundraising is: always talk about your fundraiser. This is how you convert excitement and goodwill into dollars for your chosen cause’s important mission!
Share word of your fundraiser in two ways:
- Click the “Share This Page” button under “Donate”. Then select the icon of a social media site you use. Choosing the email icon allows you to compose an email with the link to your fundraiser.
2) Click the “Copy Link” button under “Donate” to copy the link and paste it into an email, a social media post or anywhere else that accepts links.