Cancel or update a donor’s monthly donation or subscription
This article contains instructions for nonprofit organizations about how to correct/disable recurring donations, which is managed from the Stripe dashboard. For donors: please see "Before You Get Started" (directly below).
Before You Get Started
- For nonprofits: Have you connected a new or existing Stripe account to Give Lively. It’s a required first step.
- For donors: This article is not for you. Please go to: How do I change a recurring donation to a one-time contribution?
As of November 2020, donors have direct access to a secure User Portal through which they can cancel their own recurring donations.
At present, they are not able to update payment methods or edit the amount and date of recurring donations, although that functionality is coming soon.
In addition to this, you retain the ability to update or cancel a donor’s recurring donation through Stripe:
Cancel a recurring donation
- Login to the Stripe dashboard.
- Clicking "Customers" on the left hand side.
- In the drop down menu under "Billing," click "Subscriptions" to see a list of all your monthly donors.
- Locate the email of the donor who wants to cancel the subscription.
- Click the "..." on the rightmost side of the page on the donor's subscription.
- Click "Cancel Subscription".
Update a recurring donation
In addition, you have the ability to update recurring donations through Stripe. To learn how, see this article in Stripe Support.