Assign general accounting units (GAUs) to Give Lively donations automatically
Instructions to automate the process for assigning GAUs to donations syncing from Give Lively to Salesforce.
Before You Get Started
Make sure you are a system administrator in a Salesforce org using GAUs.
General accounting units (GAUs) are a feature included in the Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP). They allow nonprofits to allocate donations (or portions of donations) to specific funds. If your organization uses GAUs, you may wish to allocate opportunities representing Give Lively donations to specific funds.
Give Lively’s Salesforce app does not directly integrate with GAUs, but it is possible to take advantage of campaign association to automatically assign GAUs as Give Lively donations are synced to your org.
How to automate GAU assignment for Give Lively donations
- Log in to Salesforce as a System Administrator.
- Navigate to a campaign created by the Give Lively sync process.
- Click the "Related" tab.
- Find the "GAU Allocations" related list, then click the "Manage Allocations" button.
- Search for a GAU by name and then enter an amount or percentage. Repeat as needed and then Save.
- Repeat the above steps for any other campaigns.
As you receive donations to the specified campaigns, GAUs will be assigned automatically.