Connect Give Lively to Salesforce with a different user
Refer to the steps below if you would like to connect Give Lively to your Salesforce org using a different Salesforce user.
Before You Get Started
Make sure you are able to log in to Salesforce as the intended new user.
The integration user in Salesforce is responsible for creating and updating records during the syncing process. If the integration user becomes inactive (for instance, due to the team member changing jobs), the sync will no longer function until a new integration user is connected.
How to change users
- Open an incognito (private browsing) window and log in to Salesforce as the intended integration user. This important step ensures that the correct Salesforce user will establish the connection to Give Lively.
- Log in to the Give Lively Nonprofit Admin Portal at https://members.givelively.org/.
- Click "Organization Settings" in the menu on the top of the page and then "Integrations" in the tab on the left. If you don’t see “Integrations” in the top menu, visit https://members.givelively.org/integrations.
- Click "Expand" in the red section at the bottom of the page.
- Click the "Clear Salesforce Credentials" button.
- Copy and paste the following link into your browser’s address bar and hit enter/return: https://members.givelively.org/salesforce.
- You will see a button to connect to Salesforce. Click it to establish a new connection between Salesforce and Give Lively via the new logged-in Salesforce user.